In the menu bar on the left side of the portal, you will find the menu item ‘E-learning’. E-learnings can be a helpful way to make your employees familiar with policies, rules and practices among other things.
Below, the various functions of the E-learning module will be reviewed.
In ‘Overview’ you can see all the E-learnings that are currently created. For example, it may look like this:
- By clicking here, the portal will send you to an overview with templates, where you will be able to see all the templates for E-learning you have in the portal and create your own.
- In case there are many existing E-learnings in the overview, you can click here, where a search box will open. Here you can search for an e-learning by entering the name of the e-learning.
- Advanced search function that allows you to sort what is shown first and whether archived e-learnings are to be displayed.
- Here you can see the individual e-learning. In the overview, the name of the e-learning, the area for it and the status of the e-learning are stated, i.e., how many people have answered a sent e-learning.
- Here you can delete and archive an e-learning.
- Here you can access the content of the individual e-learning. Clicking here opens a new page, and how to navigate here is elaborated further down.
- By clicking here, you can access the emails sent out as invitations and reminders for answering an e-learning and in addition which people receive the individual e-learning. This will be reviewed further down.
- Under reports, you can, among other things, access results on the individual e-learning. Further down, the page that opens when you click, reports is reviewed. The report icon is first accessable when some of the persons you have sent the E-learning to has gone through it.
Create an E-learning
If you want to create a new e-learning, click on ‘E-learning’ in the menu bar and then ‘templates’ in the top of the overview. Once on this page, the portal will look like this:
- Create an e-learning without using a template. When you click here, a window opens where you must specify the title of the e-learning you want to create together with a description thereof.
- Copy an existing e-learning. Clicking here opens a window with a list of the e-learnings that you have already created. These e-learnings are the ones, you can see in your overview of e-learnings.
- Here you can search for a specific e-learning.
- This is an overview of the individual template. You will be able to see the title and description here.
- Here you can preview the template and see what the e-learning’s slide and structure look like.
- Here you can create an e-learning from the specific template.
Customizable elements in e-learning
Whether you choose to use a template or create an e-learning yourself, there are a few elements that can always be adapted for each e-learning.
To access slides, click on ‘content’ (1) on the individual e-learning where you want to view slides:
- When you click here, you will automatically be added to the overview of all slides for the e-learning in question. The overview might look like this:
- By clicking on the icon to the left of the title, you can open a window where you can edit the title as well as the description of the e-learning in question.
- Here you can choose between the three different functions, which were also shown in the overview in the picture earlier. So here you can navigate between content, communication, and reports. This bar will be shown regardless of what part of the e-learning you’re working in.
- Here you can read the description of the e-learning. To edit this, click on the icon in point 1.
- Under content, it is possible to both access and edit slides as well as access and edit other settings for the e-learning. When you click on content, you always start on the ‘slides’ page.
- Here you can create a slide. When you click here, a window opens where you need to type a title on the slide you want to create and choose the layout and type for each slide. For layouts, you can choose whether you want that slide to be divided into two equal parts or contain one centered topic. To edit this, click the icon next to layout on or off. Under type, you can select the following. If you have chosen to have two items on a slide, select the type for each of the items:
- Text: Here you can insert text, and is typically used for introductions, explanations, or descriptions.
- Image: Displays the uploaded image.
- Video: Plays the uploaded video.
- Question: Here you can specify a question and a few answer options. There can only be one correct answer. It is also possible to use an answer text (see below).
- Poll: Just like a question just without a correct answer option.
- Free text: Allows for a free text answer to a question.
- Multiple choice questions: Like questions except that there may be more than one correct answer. Typically used for questions where you need to identify multiple correct answers from a list.
- Flip card: Here you can specify a front and back of a card. When the recipient clicks on the card, it will turn around and see the back of the card.
- Slider: Ability to create a series of slides in a box where the recipient can turn the box and see each side.
- This feature allows you to preview the individual e-learning, so you can see how it looks when you receive the e-learning for answering.
- Here you can see the individual slides but be aware that they are not necessarily displayed in the same way as they are shown when the e-learning itself is to be answered. If you want to see how they look when the e-learning is sent out, you can click on point 6, or click on the small blue icon by each slide, which will show the individual slide in the correct layout.
- For each slide, you can use the following four function icons, which are reviewed from the top down. The blue icon with an eye is the preview of each slide. By clicking here, you will see the slide on the entire screen in the layout in which each slide is set up. The yellow icon with two sheets on allows you to copy a slide. The copied slide will be created at the bottom of the list of all slides. The green icon with a pencil allows you to correct the content of each slide. Clicking here opens a form where you can edit the title and layout, as well as the type of slide. The last icon is the red one where you can delete a slide.
- Here you can set how you want the overview of an e-learning to be displayed. When you enter slides, the page will automatically be set up to show a ‘tile view’, where you get a small preview of each slide. If you only want the titles of slides, you can edit this by clicking this icon off.
Order of slides
If you want to edit the order of the slides, this is done by clicking on the slide you want to move and dragging it to where you want it to be.
To access general settings for an e-learning, you must, as with slides, click on ‘content’ (1), on the individual e-learning you want to access or edit.
When you click here you will get to an overview of all slides. To access the different settings, click on ‘options’ (1):
- Here you can see the items where you can access settings. Clicking the plus or title of each item opens a field where that setting can be edited.
Here you can set whether participants can go back to previous questions or not. This is set by clicking on the box that appears – if clicked on, participants will not be able to go back in previous replies.
Here you can edit how the page that shows the results for the answer to the participant should be set up. You can choose from four different options:
Disabled: Here, participants will not be able to see their results when they have completed an e-learning. Percentage: At this setting, participants can see the percentage of their correct answer.
Thank you page
Here you can choose whether there should be a thank you page at the end of the e-learning and write the text you may want there to be at the end of the e-learning.
Here you can choose whether there should be a link to the e-learning, by clicking it on or off on the icon in the bar. When you click on the bar you can see the link, share it, copy it, and regenerate the link.
To access e-mails in relation to the individual e-learning, you must click on ‘communication’ (1) in the overview of e-learning, after which you will go directly to the settings for emails.
Here you can edit and write the text that is sent out by email to a participant who needs to answer an e-learning.
The page is divided into two options. First, you can edit the email that the participant receives when inviting an e-learning. Under this field, you can edit the reminder email that the participant may receive after a certain period when the e-learning has not been answered.
To access the overview of employees, you must, as with e-mails, click on ‘communication’ (1).
1. By clicking here, you will get to the overview of setting up mail regarding the individual e-learning. Click on ‘employees’ to access the overview of these.
The overview of employees may look like this:
- Create a new employee. By clicking here, a formula opens where you must fill in name, email, language, identification and whether the employee should receive weekly status emails.
- Here you can filter a search by language, department and possibly device.
- Here you can send out invitations to the e-learning in question. By clicking here, e-learning is sent out to all the employees who are registered in the overview for the individual e-learning.
- Here you can send out reminders to the e-learning in question. By clicking here, the reminder is sent out to all employees who have received an invitation to the e-learning.
- Advanced search features. Here it is possible to search for, among other things, a specific name. It is also possible to sort in who appears in the box on the right. Here you can choose between everyone, those who have received an invitation, those who have not received an invitation, participants who have responded and participants who have not responded.
- By clicking here, you send an invitation to the e-learning to the individual employee.
- Here you can click if you have sent an invitation to the employee, and you want to send a reminder.
- Here you can delete the response from the employee.
- Here you will be able to see results for the individual employee if the employee has answered the e-learning.
- This is a log of the employee in relation to the e-learning. By clicking here, you can, for example, see when you have invited the employee.
- Information about the individual employee.
To get to an overview of the results of an e-learning, click on ‘reports’ (1).
To get to the results page, click on ‘reports’ (1) after which the overview may look like this:
- Here you can see in percentage terms how many of the invitees have answered the e-learning in question. This figure is linked to the bar in point 4, which visualises how many people have answered.
- Here you can export the results to Excel.
- This bar is linked to the percentage response in point 2. If there is no answer, these will appear as a red part of the bar. The green part shows the proportion of invitees who have answered the individual e-learning.
- Here you can see an overview of all questions. On the left you can read the individual question and on the right you can see the distribution of right and wrong answers. Green is an expression of correct answers and red is an expression of incorrect answers. By clicking on the individual question, you unfold this. Here you can see which answer options have been chosen by the participants and how many participants that have chosen the correct answer.
- Here you can see information about each participant. To the right (7) you will be able to see the result of the participants answer.
- The bar on the left shows the result for the individual employee. Red is an expression of incorrect answer and green is an expression of a correct answer. To be able to see the answer in more detail, you can click to the right of the bar, where you will open a summary of each question and see what the participant has answered in each question.