In the module ‘Data’, the different areas with elements of Data will be processed. When clicking on ‘Data’ in the bar to the left, following options will be shown:
You can click on every item below and open a further manual regarding the use of the different modules.
- Work processes: In GDPR-context work processes are processes in which dealing with personal data is incorporated into. In this module you can edit existing and create new work processes.
- Data recipients: A data recipient is a legal or physical person, a public authority, an institution, or another organ to which personal data is disclosed to. This could be anything from your bank to Microsoft Office etc. In this module you will be able to edit existing and create new data recipients.
- Data controller: A data controller is a company / legal entity, which decides the purpose, extent, and method of processing personal data. In this module you will be able to edit existing and create new data controllers.
- IT Systems / information assets: IT Systems / information assets are programs and assets which includes information. This could be software as well as physical subjects as laptops, external hard discs etc. In this module you will be able to edit existing and create new IT Systems / information assets in the portal.
- Security measures: Security measures are actions and systems, that help ensure the security of processing and storing personal data. In this module you will be able to find an overview of existing security measures, editing in these and create new security measures.
Navigation to the different elements under data
The setup of the tables in all sub-items of data is streamlined, and you navigate in the same way in all tables belonging to the menu item data.
The review below will be based on work processes, but you navigate in the same way in data recipient, data controller, IT systems and information assets as well as security measures.
Active and passive buttons in the top bar
The top bar contains different active and passive buttons. The bar is divided so that the active buttons are on the left while you find the passive buttons on the right. For all sub-items there will be an active button; “Create” (point 1 in the image below). On the right, the passive buttons will appear, and their functions will be reviewed below.
- When you want to create a new work process, data recipient, data controller, IT system / information asset or security measure click on this button. The button will appear in the same place in all views but be aware that you must have selected the sub-item in the menu bar to which you want to create something new. Based on the example above, you want to create a new work process. If you want to create a new security measure, click on security measures in the menu to the right, after which the “create” button will be in the same place.
- Here it is possible to export the elements. When you click export, you will download an Excel file with the items that you exported. When exporting via this button, you will export the full overview.
- By this icon, you can choose whether you want to display the active items, as in the example above, or archived items. When you click on the icon, it will change to “archived” and you will only see archived items in the table.
- Here you can choose which columns you want to appear in your overview. When you click here, many fields open that you can click on or off, depending on whether you want it to appear in the overview.
Sorting and filtering in columns
When you need to see specific work processes, data recipients, data controllers, IT systems / information assets or security measures, you can sort and filter, thereby specifying what you want to see. This also allows you to search for specific elements using the features discussed below.
- Here you can sort in the overview. This icon won’t appear next to all columns in the list, so you’ll only be able to sort based on the columns where the icon is available. The sorting is based on alphabetical order. As a starting point, the overview is displayed in alphabetical order starting from a. When you click on the icon for the first time, the option will continue to start from a, after which you will see one arrow pointing up. When you click the icon again, the arrow will instead turn down and the items will appear from the back of the alphabet.
- The funnel lets you filter the overview. Clicking here opens a small window where it is possible to search by word. You can choose in the window on which premise the keyword should be used; whether the item should start with the word, contain the word, not contain the word, end with the word, equals, or not equals. Next, enter the word you want to use for the search. It is possible to make several filters at the same time, so you both insert a word in connection with, for example, type at the same time as inserting a word in department.
You can choose the order of columns in the overview you see when you access one of the sub-items of the data menu item:
- When you want to change the order click and hold the column you want to move and drag it over to the place you want the column. You can see what place the column will get via the two arrows. In the example above, the two arrows illustrate that security measures will be moved between “accepted risk?” and “Which systems are used? / Where is information stored?
When you choose which items you want to appear in the overview in the top bar on the far right, they will appear in the order you click on them. This means that if you started by clicking on “Name”, it will appear on the far left of the overview. You can of course change this by clicking on the different columns in the order you want them to appear, but you can also choose to simply drag them back and forth, as shown in the example above.
Edit and function menu
For all items under data, there will be an edit icon and a function menu. This will generally be shown at the far left of the table, as shown in the examples here. However, the icons can be moved either by changing the order in which the different columns are clicked for display or by dragging around the columns’ position in the overview.
- When you click here, you open the same formula that you filled in when you created the element. Here you will be able to see everything that is typed in and make changes.
- By clicking on this arrow, you will see the various functions located in the function menu. The functions vary slightly depending on whether you are looking at work processes, data recipients, data processors, IT systems / information assets or security measures. When looking at work processes, you will have all features available in the function menu. Here you can copy a work process and a window will open asking you to name the work process you are creating by copying an existing work process. In addition, you can export the individual element, after which you will have a document created, with all the information from the element. Next, you can archive the item. Finally, it is also in this function menu that it is possible to delete an item.
Icons that show in the different forms in the modules under data
When you are working with the different forms under the menu item ‘Data’, some different icons will show. You can read about the icons below.
When you click on the little ’i’ at the top of the field to the right, an information box with further information about what you should specify in every field will show. The information box can also contain a deepening explanation on the meaning of the choices you can choose.
In the front of the field, you will be able to see a red exclamation mark. The red exclamation mark is an expression of a gap. A gap can also be indicated with a yellow exclamation mark. To learn more about each different gap, click here.