What is the GRC portal?
The GRC portal can be used for several different things. Among other things, it can be used for GDPR and information security.
In relation to GDPR the portal puts the General Data Protection Regulation into practice, where you will be able to create inspections, risk assessments and documentation etc.
The portal is made with the legislation in mind, which means that the portal automatically helps you in cases where the legislation sets special requirements. This is shown both when filling in, for example, work processes that will show “gaps” if there are some legal requirements that must be met and, in addition, by forming an overview of inspections and whether these are carried out at the time that they should.
These are just some of the GDPR oriented solutions that the portal offers.
How to navigate in the portal
When opening the portal, the first page will always be the Dashboard. The starting page looks like this:
- Menu bar: Here you can access the different menu items in the portal. Read more about the different menu items below.
- Open / close the menu bar: When clicking on this icon you can open and close the menu bar.
- Account: Here you can see the account you are using.
- Notifications: By clicking on this icon, a small bar will open with an overview of the notifications. It could be notifications regarding inspections, approvals or reading requests. In the bar you can open a window with all the notifications by clicking on “View all notifications”.
- Profile: Here you will be able to see which profile, you’re logged in to in the portal. By clicking on the username or the little arrow next to the username you will open a bar. In the bar you can choose the following: Profile, change account or logout.
- Dashboard: This is an overview, where you will be able to see different elements from the portal such as inspections and their status. Read more about the menu item here.
- Settings for the Dashboard: By clicking on this icon, you will open a new window with account settings. In this window you can control which elements will be shown in the Dashboard.
- Help and inspection series: By clicking on this icon, you will be able to see two new icons:
- Help: Here you can send us a message regarding anything, you’d like.
- Inspection series: Here you will be able to create an inspections series. Read more about inspection series here.
General introduction to the different menu items
In the menu bar to the left, you will find all the menu items. This is where you navigate through the different features in the portal.
Below, it is possible to click on the titles of the menu elements if they are blue, which will lead you directly to an instruction on how to navigate in the different modules. In some of the describtions to the titles, some words will be blue, and these will lead you directly to an user guide on the topic.
- Dashboard: By clicking on the Dashboard, you will open an overview of inspections among other things, where you’ll be able to create an overview of the different elements.
- Projects: Here you will be able to see the existing projects and create new ones.
- Audits: Here you will be able to see the existing audits and create new ones.
- Data: By clicking on this item, the bar will open a line of sub-items with Work processes and Data recipients among other things regarding data. You will need this menu item when creating and editing Work processes and other data related elements.
- Risk assessments: By clicking on this item, you can choose between two sub-items: Risks and risk categories.
- Inspections: Here you can access Inspection series, annual wheel and data processing inspections.
- Templates: In this module you will find various help documents, templates and check lists, which can form the basis for the documentation of meeting the requirements in the regulations.
- Documentation: In this menu item you will open three sub-items: Files, Data breach log, Event Log and Data subject requests.
- Signatures: This module gives you the opportunity to send out documents that needs to be signed.
- E-learning: Here the sub-items that will open are Overview, Templates and E-learning sequence.
- Employees: When choosing this menu item, an overview of employees will open. You will be able to create an overview of their status regarding Reading requests, E-learning, and Inspections. You will also be able to create new employees and access Employee department among other things.
- Settings: In this menu item a line of sub-items will open, where you can access the different settings regarding Users, Accounts and Mail settings among other things.